Surrogate Technology Management Sponsorship
Open to full-time students enrolled in year 2 of Cyber Security or IT Systems Management and Security at the Institute of Technology (IT) Campus.
Students must demonstrate
- Commitment and interest in program and future career
- Good academic standing
- Preference will be given to applicants who self-identify as female
- 50% ($1,250) of the funding will be issued upon selection
- The remaining 50% ($1,250) will be issued upon successful completion of a 5 week work term
Work integrated learning and/or post graduate work requirements
- Recipient must complete a 5 week work term with the Sponsor
About the sponsor
Surrogate Technology Management operates globally but has greatly benefitted from strong ties with our local community. We value this connection and are seeking to give back in a manner consistent with who we are as a business. As a result, our goal is to strengthen the Nova Scotia IT industry. Our approach is to do this by partnering with the NSCC to identify and work with an IT student (in one of the programs noted) in order to assist that student in building technical and professional skills. We have noticed a lack of female participation in the IT sector and would like to help change that. We value initiative, leadership potential and communication skills as being essential for businesses of any kind.