Cape Breton Island Building & Construction Trades Council and Unionized Cape Breton Contractors Entrance Bursary
Awarded to a student(s) who will be enrolled in year 1 of eligible programs at the Marconi and Strait Area Campuses.
Eligible programs include:
- Building Systems Technician
- Carpentry – Certificate
- Carpentry – Diploma
- Electrical Construction and Industrial – Certificate
- Electrical Construction and Industrial – Diploma
- Heavy Duty Equipment Repair
- Industrial Instrumentation
- Industrial Mechanical
- Metal Fabrication
- Power Engineering Technology
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Welding – Diploma
Students must demonstrate
- Financial need
- Academic merit
- Good academic standing
- Applicants must have graduated from a Cape Breton High School by the end of this school year
About the donor
The Cape Breton Island Building & Construction Trades Council and Unionized Cape Breton Contractors Award has been established in support of the Construction Association of Nova Scotia’s (CANS) 150th Anniversary “Building Futures” Campaign. This campaign was launched in recognition of the value of education and the role of the construction sector in the growth of Nova Scotia’s economy.
The Cape Breton Island Building & Construction Trades Council and Unionized Cape Breton Contractors endowment fund will provide opportunities for Cape Breton students interested in the construction sector to access educational opportunities at the Nova Scotia Community College and help mitigate financial barriers or circumstances which might compromise the completion of their studies.