Divert NS Sponsor-a-Student Opportunity
Open to full-time students enrolled in any year of study in Natural Resources Environmental Technology or Environmental Engineering Technology at any campus where the eligible programs are offered.
Students must demonstrate
- Commitment and interest in program and future career
- Good academic standing
- Understanding of the importance of waste reduction and diversion
- Preference will be given to applicants who self-identify as Racially Visible and/or Indigenous
- 50% ($1,250) of the funding will be issued upon selection
- The remaining 50% ($1,250) will be issued upon successful completion of the work integrated learning requirement(s) noted below
Work integrated learning and/or post graduate work requirements
- Recipients enrolled in year 1 of their program will be required to commit to a paid summer co-op with the Sponsor following the academic year
- Recipients enrolled in year 2 must commit to a 5 week paid work term in the spring, as required by their program
About the sponsor
Divert NS is a not-for-profit corporation championing recycling and waste reduction in Nova Scotia. For over 25 years, we’ve helped build a recycling culture through environmental stewardship, education, and programming, helping to make Nova Scotia a recognized global innovator in waste diversion solutions. Divert NS is looking to provide support to individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in waste management and diversion, with an emphasis on increasing diversity, equity, and inclusion within the solid waste industry.