ABCO Sponsor-a-Student Opportunity
Open to full-time students enrolled in eligible programs at any campus where eligible programs are offered. Students enrolled in a multi-year program must be in year 2.
Eligible programs include:
CAD Technician – Mechanical
- Electronic Engineering Technology
- Full Stack Application Development
- IT Generalist
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Metal Fabrication
Students must demonstrate
- Commitment and interest in program and future career
- Good academic standing
- 50% ($1,250) of the funding will be issued upon selection
- The remaining 50% ($1,250) will be issued upon successful completion of a 5 week work term
Work integrated learning and/or post graduate work requirements
- Recipients must complete a 5 week work term. The terms and compensation for this work experience will be coordinated between the Sponsor and the recipient.
- Recipients who successfully complete their work placement may be offered full-time employment upon graduation. Post graduation employment will be optional.
About the sponsor
Situated on the Lunenburg harbor, ABCO is a world-class manufacturer with four distinct engineering branches including Food Machinery, Marine, Environmental, and Industrial. Each division designs best-in-class products at the ABCO location.
With 75 years’ experience, locally owned ABCO remains committed in providing long term, exciting employment opportunities. ABCO values a good attitude, loyalty and the motivation to exceed client expectations. We have a brand new 24,000 sq ft facility and we are seeking an NSCC student who shares the goal to learn and grow with ABCO. We hire for a variety of roles and offer a comprehensive benefits package. ABCO will require an on-site commitment (no remote opportunities at this time) and the NSCC student therefore must be willing to commute to the ABCO operations in Lunenburg or reside in the Lunenburg County area.
To learn more about ABCO – check out our website.