Southwest Properties Building Our Future Sponsorship
Open to full or part-time students enrolled in any year of study in eligible programs at the Institute of Technology or Ivany campuses.
Eligible programs include:
- Architectural Engineering Technician
- Building Systems Technician (HVAC&R)
- Carpentry Certificate
- Construction Management Technology
- Electrical Construction and Industrial
- IT Systems Management and Security
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
Application assessment will consider
- Commitment and interest in program and future career
- Good academic standing
- Self-identification: Preference will be given to applicants who self-identify as a member of an equity seeking group (Indigenous, Racially Visible, Female, Person with a Disability, 2SLGBTQ+)
- 50% ($1,500) of the funds will be issued upon selection
- The remaining 50% ($1,500) will be issued upon successful completion of the work placement
Work integrated learning and/or post graduate work requirements
- Recipients must complete a work placement with the Sponsor
- Work term placement, working hours, etc. will be determined by the Sponsor and the student
- Failure to complete the work placement may result in having to repay some or all of the sponsorship program funding
- Recipients must agree to sign a return to service agreement with the Sponsor
About the sponsor
Southwest Properties Limited is one of Atlantic Canada’s leading real estate developers. Southwest owns, operates, develops, and constructs residential and commercial real estate in Atlantic Canada and has accumulated an extensive and balanced portfolio of properties and investments, including 1,783 high quality apartments and condominium units situated in the best residential areas of Halifax, and nearly 700 hotel rooms in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick.
For more than 55 years we have positioned our dynamic organization as one of the best in our industry. Our mission is to provide the best places to live, shop, work and play, creating lasting relationships with employees, customers and partners.
We are always seeking the best and brightest stars in their field. If you’re driven by community, sustainability and innovation in design we would like to assist you to become part of our future!