jipuktuk etli apatua'timk Award - Fall
Open to full-time students enrolled in year 1 of eligible programs at the Ivany Campus. This award is renewable for students in multi-year programs (based on successful completion of first year in program and remaining in good academic standing).
Eligible programs include:
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Environmental Engineering Technology – Water Resources
- Electronic Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
Application assessment will consider
- Financial need
- Passion for chosen field
- Interest in water resources
- Academic merit
- Self-identification: Indigenous (includes First Nations, Métis and Inuit) and must reside in Atlantic Canada
- Requirement: applicants must have achieved a minimum average of 80% in their most recent education
This opportunity will remain open until the desired number of applications has been reached. Therefore, the NSCC Student Awards Office reserves the right to close this award at anytime.
How to apply
Current students and confirmed applicants may apply to this award through the student awards portal. Prospective students may begin the application process by expressing your intent to apply by emailing the Student Awards Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “jipuktuk etli apatua’timk Award” as the email title.
About the donor
Nova Scotia Community College is pleased to offer this award, established through the generosity of Halifax Water, to support First Nations, Métis and Inuit students entering the Civil Engineering Technology, Environmental Engineering Technology, Electronic Engineering Technology, or Mechanical Engineering Technology Programs at NSCC.
jipuktuk etli apatua’timk is the Mi’kmaq word for harbour or port and has been used to describe Halifax Harbour by Mi’kmaq people in Nova Scotia.