Freeman Lumber Sponsor-a-Student Opportunity
Open to full-time and part-time students enrolled in any year of study of Heavy Duty Equipment Repair, Industrial Mechanical or Natural Resources Environmental Technology at any campus where the eligible programs are offered.
Students must demonstrate
- Why they are the right candidate for this sponsorship opportunity and what being selected for the sponsorship opportunity would mean to them
- Academic merit
- Applicants must be a Canadian Citizen
- Preference will be given to applicants from the Bridgewater, Liverpool and Lunenburg areas
- Applicants must maintain a minimum average of 75% in their studies
- 50% ($1,000) of the funding will be issued upon selection
- The remaining 50% ($1,000) will be issued upon successful completion of the work integrated learning requirement(s) noted below
Work integrated learning and/or post graduate work requirements
- Recipients enrolled in year 1 of their program will be required to commit to a paid co-op (maximum 16 weeks) with the Sponsor following the academic year
- Recipients enrolled in year 2 must commit to a 5 week paid work term in the spring, as required by their program
About the sponsor
Freeman Lumber is one of the oldest family-run sawmill businesses in North America. Our first sawmill in Greenfield, Nova Scotia was established in 1832 when the village was settled. Today, Freeman Lumber produces approximately 100 million board feet of lumber and value added lumber products annually.